How much do you know about various disabilities? Here are some fun ways to play and learn at the same time.
Truth or Misconception?
After you read each of the following statements, select Truth or Misconception. When you’re finished, find the correct answer at the bottom to find out whether you were correct!
1. People with learning disabilities aren’t smart.
2. People who can’t hear can use the telephone.
3. You can catch a disability.
4. People with cerebral palsy always have mental retardation.
5. People who use wheelchairs can’t play basketball.
6. People who are blind can read.
7. People with cognitive disabilities can get jobs.
8. People with disabilities can live by themselves.
9. People who can’t hear don’t watch TV.
10. People with disabilities can vote.
11. People with disabilities make good employees.
Answers: 1. Misconception 2. Truth 3. Misconception 4. Misconception 5. Misconception 6. Truth 7. Truth 8. Truth 9. Misconception 10. Truth 11. Truth
Do you know the American Manual Alphabet or American Sign Language (ASL)? Would you like to learn? Here is a video that is simple and an easy way to learn and then you can use what you learned to solve the following riddles and jokes.
Sign Language Riddles & Jokes
Break the code to find the answers to these riddles!
Learn the ASL symbols for the letters of the alphabet and you will be able to solve these mystery riddles.
Read each question. Then look at the fingerspelling symbols provided . Figure out what alphabet each symbol represents. If you have trouble you can refer to the chart below.
The answers are at the bottom of the riddles. Good Luck!
- I have a face, yet no senses.
Time is of the essence,
but I don’t really care.
- Voiceless it cries,
Wingless it flutters,
- What has roots as nobody sees,
Is taller than trees,
Up, up it goes,
And yet never grows?
- Little Nanny Etticoat
In a white petticoat
And a red nose
The longer she stands,
The shorter she grows.
- Thirty white horses upon a red hill,
Now they tramp, now they champ, now they stand still.
- Lives in winter,
Dies in summer,
And grows with its root upwards.
- I run
But I can’t walk
What am I?
Answers: 1. Clock 2. Wind 3. Mountain 4. Candle 5. Your teeth 6. An icicle 7. Water
Break the code to find the answers to these jokes! If you have trouble you can refer to the chart above. Have Fun!
- Where do cows go on Saturdays?
- What is a snake’s favorite school subject?
- What goes up when the rain comes down?
- What does a lazy dog do for fun?
- Why did the dinosaur cross the road?
- How do you keep a rhinoceros from charging?
- What did the dog say when he sat on the sandpaper?
- What time is it when the clock strikes 13?
- Why are Teddy Bears never hungry?
- What is a monkey’s favorite month?
Answers: 1. To the…moovies! 2. Hisssstory 3. An umbrella! 4. Chases…parked cars! 5. To get to the…museum! 6. Take away it’s…credit cards! 7. Ruff ruff! 8. Time to…Fix the clock! 9. Because they’re always…Stuffed! 10. Ape-ril!
Across: 1. Autism 2. Tourette 3. Blind 4. Dyslexia 5. Down 6. Deaf 7. Asperger 8. Palsy
Down: 1. Epilepsy 2. Sign 3. Braille 4. Dementia 5. Fibrosis
Well, I hope this was fun for you as well as informative.